Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It aint all about the pictures...

Sometimes in this life, we've got to take the hard road. This is the moment you realize that change is not something you can avoid any longer. This is the joy of progression. It's not as easy as one thinks to avoid the need to change and stretch beyond yourself to new heights. It's not easy to feel the rejection or resistance you encounter as people who surround you try to push you back into your spot. Cause after all, if you're changing, that can be pretty inconvenient for those who have to make room for the new you. They're used to the "old you" and they may not be as excited to have the new one. (at least not yet) So, how... How does one cope with the stress of change? By trusting that the new you is a better one. By having faith in yourself that you can endure. That by having faith in the Lord, He'll help you through. So simple.... Yeah, right! I have often found myself lost, "somewhere in the middle". I know what is right, know pretty much what is wrong and live somewhere between the two. I realize that my predicament is not unique, not by a long shot, but that only shows me that I really do need to figure it out. So here I sit, pondering the mysteries of life's lesson and wondering how the #@$! am I gonna do it?! I'm learning that each little step in the right direction turns on a new light, A night light, that helps me just a little farther on my journey through the dark. Not to sound so negative, cause I've got a great life. But, it seems fitting to talk as if in the dark. So tomorrow, when I awake I will be one step closer to the light I seek, but the dark will still be there right beside me. Trying ever harder to thwart my next advance...

4 comments:

Ginnie said...

He writes!!

You really have a way with words. Not much to say except, that was beautifully written.

Cindy said...

We welcome and support the new you! Your doing great, welcome and embrace the change. Change does not have to be a bad thing. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Your gift with words always has me in awe. I love you with all my heart. Thanks for being such a great example of strength.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm impressed. Very brave to write that and ponder ... out loud the significance and resistance to change. I read it twice, just in case I missed something. I did. I may read it again.
You made me think, which I always appreciate.
I can't help thinking to myself, selfishly, "Hey. I liked the old Randy."